Volunteer with us
Be part of the team at Fairfax House
At Fairfax House our passion is to provide a warm welcome to visitors, share our knowledge and to inspire a deep appreciation of this important townhouse. Only with the support of our volunteers are we able to offer visitors such a special experience – the enthusiasm, diversity and skills of our volunteers are simply invaluable. Why not play a part and make a difference?
Volunteering at Fairfax House allows you indulge your passion for heritage and provide you with ‘behind-the-scenes’ access to one of England’s finest Georgian houses. We provide the training; you just need to have the passion and enthusiasm to share your interests with others.
There are a variety of different opportunities available to match your skills and interests.
Ways to Volunteer: You could help as a …
You could also consider some other types of roles
- Office and Marketing Assistant: assisting with various admin tasks behind the scenes or helping run marketing initiatives
- Leaflet Distribution: helping distribute our leaflets to key points around the city
- Handyman: supporting with various maintenance activities such as moving items, painting, small woodwork jobs
- Courtyard gardener: providing hands-on help to make the courtyard and terrace look welcoming and attractive
- Events helper: helping set up for and manage our public events
- Pianist: playing our very special spinet and square piano to bring the house alive with Georgian music
- The Friends of Fairfax House: joining their dedicated team of volunteers to run and organise events and set up activities and new initiatives
- Or something else that uses your skills
To join us
To join our team of Room Hosts just fill in our Room Host Training Programme application and we will be in touch with you.
Alternatively if you are interested in our other volunteering opportunities, we have a Volunteering Interest Form which you can use to indicate where you would like to help us and use your skills.