Visit Safely With Us
In line with Step 3 ‘Roadmap Out of Lockdown’ and lifting of restriction, Fairfax House will be reopening to timed ticket entry from Monday 17th May.
- All visitors, including members and affiliated schemes, are required to book a timed slot in advance of their visit.
- Face coverings are required for the protection of yourself and others, unless you’re exempt. Please note that visors & face shields are no longer recognised as face coverings.
- Indoors, the Rule of 6 or 2 households will apply. Please maintain a social distance between people you do not live with.
- There is a one way route throughout the property, which is easy to follow. A single guides is available on each floor to direct you should you encounter difficulties.
- Hand sanitiser stations can be found throughout the House. Please sanitise your hands your hands regularly.
- Under the UK Government’s NHS Test and Trace scheme, we are required to ask every visitor aged 16 and over to provide their contact details for Test and Trace.
- Please do not visit if you feel unwell or have symptoms of Covid-19.
For your piece of mind…
- There will be sanitising points around the shop.
- All staff will be wearing face coverings and Perspex screens will be in place at the till.
- An enhanced cleaning regime is in place before, after & between visits.
- Use contactless payment where possible.
- Please try to only handle objects that you intend to purchase.
- There is a one-way circulation system implemented throughout the shop, including entrance and exit points (entrance through the main doors on Castlegate, exit through the courtyard onto Coppergate).
For a full list of terms and conditions, click here. Please read before booking onto a tour.