Thank you for choosing to support our work.
Fairfax House is an independent museum managed by York Civic Trust, a not-for-profit membership organisation dedicated to protecting and enhancing York’s cultural heritage. As such the museum does not receive any public funding and so relies heavily upon visitor income generated through admissions, events, the museum shop and donations.
2020 has been a difficult year for us financially. In January we were forced to extend our closed period by eight weeks due to emergency conservation work required to save our famous stucco ceilings. Then following the global pandemic that we all now find ourselves facing we never made it to our official re-opening date of 27 March and so are facing up to six months, and beyond, without any visitor income.
We eagerly await the day that it is safe to welcome visitors through our doors again. In the meantime however our work continues from home as does our commitment to conserving and safeguarding this magnificent townhouse and collection for the future. If you would like to support our conservation work there are a number of ways in which you can do so:
- £3 pays for some cleaning materials for day to day up-keep
- £5 pays for a pair of lint free gloves for collection handling
- £10 pays for new conservation brushes
- £50 pays for archive grade storage boxes for our print collection
- £100 can help pay for the conservation of a fragile object
We are extremely grateful for any contributions, no matter how large or small. Thank you for your support during these very difficult times.
How to donate:
- Online Use the button below to donate securely via PayPal. (Please note donations are paid to our parent charity York Civic Trust)
- By Post Cheques made payable to “Fairfax House” can be sent to: Fairfax House, 27 Castlegate, York, YO1 9RN