Thank you for choosing to support our work.
Fairfax House is an independent museum managed by York Civic Trust, a not-for-profit membership organisation dedicated to protecting and enhancing York’s cultural heritage. As such the museum does not receive any public funding and so relies heavily upon visitor income generated through admissions, events, the museum shop and donations.
Like many other independent institutions, 2020/21 has been difficult for us financially. The pandemic and lockdowns have hit us hard and, since Jan 2020, we have had a total of 13 months without any income.
During this period however our work has continued, with the restoration of our 1920s cinema facade and emergency conservation of our eighteenth-century ceilings being completed. Our commitment to conserving and safeguarding this magnificent townhouse and collection for the future is therefore ongoing.
If you would like to support our conservation work there are a number of ways in which you can do so:
- £3 pays for some cleaning materials for day to day up-keep
- £5 pays for a pair of lint free gloves for collection handling
- £10 pays for new conservation brushes
- £50 pays for archive grade storage boxes for our print collection
- £100 can help pay towards the conservation of a fragile object
We are extremely grateful for any contributions, no matter how large or small. Thank you for your support during these very difficult times.
How to donate:
- Online Use the button below to donate securely via PayPal. (Please note donations are paid to our parent charity York Civic Trust)
- By Post Cheques made payable to “Fairfax House” can be sent to: Fairfax House, 27 Castlegate, York, YO1 9RN